Let's take a trip around the internet and see what we might have missed in Cardinals news:
1) Carlos Beltran and his wife hosted a 'Night In Old San Juan' at that classic Puerto Rican hotbed called The Four Seasons @ Lumiere Place Casino.
Our friends at InsideSTL had press passes and have this photo gallery to share. Warning: the mustachioed man with David Freese is having that picture Photo Fiddled as we speak. LINK HERE
2) Kate Tabers from Yahoo! checked in with the Cardinals Top 10 'Late Season Moments' list. John Smoltz and Bud Smith are both prominently involved. So she's obviously bringing out the big guns. LINK HERE
3) Pirate fans (remember those?) are gripping. They realize that the O's are taking the mantle as the long-suffering team that will make a late season push to make the playoffs and lead SportsCenter on non-NFL game nights.
And that their dream is about over.
So how about a Cardinals steroids photoshop? LINK HERE
4) Jason Motte. You thought he was the Cardianls closer. But he wasn't... until Bleacher Report delcared him so. LINK HERE
The Cardinals start a 3 game set against the Brewers tonight after a day off to forget about how to hit a knuckleball. Cheers to R.A. Dickey and his season. Guys like him make baseball the only sport, still, where quirk can equal stardom.
Now, The Friday Links...
- Finding You In The Lou. LINK HERE
- Here is St. Louis. LINK HERE (via BR Mom)
- How to identify a frequent drunk driver. LINK HERE
- Cats. LINK HERE
- Kittens. LINK HERE
- We all miss Carlin. LINK HERE