The Cardinals are the defending World Series Champion and one of the crown jewels of MLB. But when it comes to value, the franchise is right in the middle of the pack.
Forbes Magazine released their franchise valuations for the year and the St. Louis team came in at eleventh place. If you want to buy the Cardinals, it’ll run you $591 million dollars.
Actually, that’s not really true. Because the Cardinals are entering in the final few years of a (relatively) poor TV deal compared to other newer blockbuster deals just singed, the Cardinals are set for a big jump up the charts when that gets negotiated. It could push their value past 700M before 2015. Add in the fact the DeWitt family has made a 300%+ ROI on their 150M investment… you’re going to have to overpay to get in the owner’s suite.
Still, eleventh? Just doesn’t feel right.
Now, the Friday Links…
- Calculating MPH. Not easy. LINK HERE (via @PoisonWilliam)
- Yes, that is a medicine ball. LINK HERE
- Scumbag shoveler. LINK HERE
- Hispters at work in the snow. LINK HERE
- He's got a point. LINK HERE
- The new FB is really making us happy. LINK HERE