Coach Mac, longtime Cards Diaspora friend and very occasional contributor, just had a baby. So to honor that baby, we decided to bet a crazy amount of (fake) money on the Super Bowl.
Here are the bets:
- CD has New England -2.5 points (L)
- CD has 'Heads' on the coin flip (W)
- CD has Tom Coughlin to throw the first challenge flag (Mac has Beli-cheat) (L)
- CD has Madonna's hair color to be blonde during the halftime show (Mac has the field) (W)
- CD has the OVER (line 2.5) on # of players to throw a forward pass. (L)
- CD has ODD on jersey # of 1st player to score TD. (L)
- CD has OVER on 55 total points. (L)
- CD has YES on a score in the 1st 5:30 of game. (L)
- CD has YES on Kelly Clarkson omitting or changing one word of the national anthem. (L)
- CD has New England -1 point for halftime lead. (T)
Those are the bets.
And when you've only got one football game left for 7 months, you've got to get the action in. Even if you're jeopardizing a child's college fun 3 days in.
Update: Coach Mac's newborn can now have continuing education. Win/Loss/Tie are now a part of the picks. The CD staff will not be happy with their paychecks this month. That's all I can say. Gah.