When I was 18, I think the most prescient thing on my mind at any given time was either how to score (beer, weed, chicks) or how to pay for the score. Garett Gilbert was trying to win a National Championship in front of 100,000 people in the Rose Bowl and millions watching on ABC.
Good luck with that.
I guess he did what he could against a damn good Alabama team, but at the end of the day, it wasn't nearly enough to make the Citi BCS Championship game more or less a public flogging with the SEC paddle.
More interestingly, the top 3 QB's in this year's NFL draft McCoy (shoulder), Clausen (foot) and Bradford (shoulder) are all injured or recovering from surgery. Any guesses at the STL Rams #1 need this off-season?
(Pause here to remove an idiot. Thanks Brent!)
In Matt Holliday News, the newest American hero gave the Cards a late Christmas present. No, not the signing. The millions of dollars in merchandise the team made with the switch to number 7. Video of the presser from our friends at KSDK below.
Now a mega batch of the links...
- Keggers of Yore- Old people used to party too. LINK HERE
- I won't spoil this Antique Roadshow's reveal of the price... but it's large. LINK HERE
- A cool idea for a blog- set your camera timer and then RUN! LINK HERE
- The Fred McGriff endorsement that won't die. LINK HERE (HT- HMW)
- I think that Jon A has the better response to the query. LINK HERE
- SLU Head Coach Rick Majerus dumps in a towel in front of team. LINK HERE (HT- Spags)
- This is the best rock climber in the world. No questions. LINK HERE (HT- Fresh WC)
- For the Mac lovers like myself out there: I'm on a Mac- Beatch. LINK HERE (HT- Dragon)
- The Onion brings serious heat with a VH1 bus wreck, spilling 2K pounds of slut. LINK HERE
- John Wall is awesome even when he jumps into the stands for a ball. LINK HERE
- Man spells out wifey's b-day message in cow poop. How romantic. LINK HERE
- Cool optical illusion. LINK HERE
Just so you know, the HT or Hat Tips are for people that have e-mailed The CD links over the course of the week. If you come across a good Friday Link and want to see it here, just use the contact form at the top of the page and I'll give credit where credit is due. Cool?
Have a weekend, goons. We'll see you back here when we think about it.